Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Future Hometown (Intro)

This post gonna be my first about the development of Kuantan,as an introduction..One day,if it's not me,perhaps there will be some other people who share the same thoughts and dreams and are able to turn it into reality..It is about how I imagine Kuantan would be in the future..After all,this was the main idea behind this blog when it was set up..It is to be a place where I can jot down my ideas and suggestions..It might be useful for me in the future so that I won't forget when the time comes,simply as my own reference..It's what I want to do if I have the chance..


After living so long in this foreign land,and have been going back and forth to my hometown,I would like to see major changes in the future..So far,after about seven years,there is no major development in Kuantan that I can be proud of..It can be said that we are lack in everything,compared to several other major cities in Malaysia..It's like we are 10 years behind everyone else..Melaka is doing so well with some rapid developments,and I am so jealous of Penang, even Langkawi in certain areas..

For a moment,look at what we have..I think we are living in a city with the most potentials to be developed..Geographically,we are blessed with a wonderful landscape..We have mountains,beautiful sandy beaches,marvelous waterfalls, riverside,lakes,a green scenery,fresh air,nice weather and such..Most of the nicest cities in the world have all these characteristics..Refering to some places that I have been; Sydney,LA, Melbourne,Dubai,Perth, Boston, Hawaii, New York,even Singapore,Hong Kong,Bangkok, Florida,etc,they are all either well placed alongside coastal area or lucky enough to be complimented by scenic river..

But compared to all,I would love to 'bring' Perth,back to Kuantan..It's not just all about sentimental value or something,but both cities have similar characteristics..I prefer my hometown to be as peaceful as Perth,being a place with a very high quality of life..No need to be so big and crowded..If Mahathir can bring back the idea of Canberra,improvised it 10 times better to become Putrajaya,I would like to do the same..In a way,it is an advantage for Kuantan for not being too developed..So that we can plan,and do things properly from scratch..We can avoid all the mistakes done by other cities in terms of development..

First thing first..In order to have developments,we need money..In order to have money,we need investments..In order to attract investments,we need developments..So everything is related to each other..But money is really important..Not just for the government,but also the people..From our 600,000 ++plus population,we need at least more than half of it to be coming from educated,middle-income family and above..So that we have buying power..In order to achieve that,we need to create jobs..I believe the government are doing it anyway,maybe it's just slow..There's no point having all the developments if the people are not ready..We gonna have empty shopping malls,wasted projects,etc..There won't be a lot of investors,if there's no one can afford to buy their products..I am not just talking about investors in manufacturing sectors,am talking about the rest..

I'll give you few examples..We cannot attract people to invest in higher quality retail outlets,housings,fancy restaurants,grand hotels,etc,because the community haven't achieved the standard yet..Even our airport is empty,there's only 3 flights daily from KL..Such a shame..We need to do something about it..and we will..

But anyway,I am not an economist,not even close to that..It's the government who should take care of that,and I am just gonna talk about my ideas of development..This introduction is being too long now..Will continue in the next series..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..good luck Tan Sri..

-Azrul Jabbar- said...

lu org kuantan gak ke?..huhu