Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Merdeka..Abroad..Perth

In less than a week,we are going to celebrate our 53rd Merdeka Day.. Just wanna share with you another experience, of me as a Malaysian who lives far away from home during merdeka...:-)..

In 2007, I got the opportunity to become the project manager for our Merdeka celebration again.. (click here for 2006).. Hmm,when we think about "Merdeka", there's only one thing in mind..UNITY.. So,that year,the basic idea was to involve everyone, all students..The reality in Perth during that time was,there were some gaps among the students community..We wanted to bridge that gap..So,for the first time ever,Umno, Masca, Petronas,and all Malaysian Student's Society of (Curtin,UWA,ECU,Murdoch), joint-ventured to organize it..The rest,was history..:-)

Other than the opening speech that I had to do on that day,
I enjoyed every seconds of it..Till today, I still think it's the best occassion we ever had in Perth..;-)
Here's some of the videos I found..


Enjoyable video of UWA students performing Joget, Zapin, Twist and Hindi dance..


Silat performance (..background suara Go..huhu..)

We had so many other things.. Merdeka Marching by each clubs and universities contingent,tarik tali, live bands.. Best..Budak-budak Dan Dan, OBFC semua sporting habis.. Budak UWA pun best.. Eddie jadi emcee,Skaterz jadi pengacara jemputan,Aleh nyanyi in public, Kale perform sambil jaga PA system, Pok Nik and Zac orang kuat mcm biasa..and everyone else.. Tengok gelagat diorg ni semua kat bawah..Tarik tali punya video and last performance by Nijam..


Tarik tali (featuring Mamat,Skaterz,Eddie,Galak,Pok Nik as background..)

Skaterz menamatkan majlis dengan gelagatnya..huhu..

Personally, I think any students who live abroad should experience this kind of event,especially Merdeka,at least once during their studies.. No,it doesn't mean that if you don't involve, you are not patriotic.. But I'm pretty sure that it will remind you of something.. ~ Asal-Usul ~..your roots..where you actually belong..:-)

~Happy Birthday!Happy Merdeka Malaysia~

2 comments:

Keanorlinsya said...

Sumpah boleh buat gaduh! vedo tarik tali anti climax habis. kemain lama setup pastu x tarik pun tali tu.

-Azrul Jabbar- said...

Haha..sebenarnya ada satu lagi video..yg diorg tarik..Tp gua tak jumpa..