G'day mate!!!
You know what,
I always think that if Malaysia wants to find a good country to be an example for us to move forward, it is definitely- AUSTRALIA..No doubt...and I have my own reasons..
Meanwhile,without any disrespect,let us compare ourselves to some other countries..
- Singapore:
- Japan,China,South Korea:
- Western Countries:
- Other Muslim Kingdoms: Errrrrr...you know what I'm thinking..(and not even developed)
- Any other countries in mind perhaps??
MALAYSIA & AUSTRALIA
Compared to other developed countries,we have so many things in common..- Historically-colonized by the British in the early history of establishment-Australia became a Federation in 1901,and we followed in 1948, and everything started from there after.. Considering that,both can be considered as a young nations..
- Politically,it is almost the same as well..We remain a constitutional monarchy and not Republic.. Our system of governance is very similar
- Population with multi-ethnicity backgrounds
- Multi-cultures and various languages spoken (with English (Australia),and Malay (Malaysia) as de facto language)
- Religiously diverse country
- Politically and socially stable
- Country with no natural disaster
- 'Gold-mine' for immigrants
- Medium sized population (20-30 million residents)
Nope,we don't have to bow down to anyone or force ourselves to replicate everything blindly..Cause we do have some differences as well,and we shall do things in our own way..I'm just giving credit where credit is due..Sometimes,we do need directions in order to move forward.. For example,we seems struggling with our socio-development,racial political relations at the moment,and Australia is not a bad place for us to learn from..
Another example,if you are amazed with Putrajaya (as how I am),you should probably know that the idea came from Australian very own capital city,Canberra..And the best thing is,Putrajaya is improvised 10 times better than Canberra itself..See what I mean?
Australia is built from scratch,a deserted land which at once considered as terra nullius,and somehow has emerged to be a wonderful country..If Australia can make it,why can't we?..
Happy Australia Day!
Not forgetting the flood victims,my prayers goes to them as well..:-(


2 comments:
aku setuju tp bab putrajaya tu aku x sgt.bukan sbb apa tp i dun see any specialities on that area.being a new tonwship or city yg mmg develop dr zero sampaila skang for me putrajaya shud be way lot better than how it is today.from architecture perspective the eclectism of design really a sore for our eyes.yes it looks nice and beautiful but it lack one important element which is the identity of malaysia.planning of putrajaya were generated by a number of planners and architects arnd msia but i wonder why they cudnt come up with a better planning that really shows our identity.aku x ckp aku x suka putrajaya coz bg aku okla tmpat nie cuma ada kekurangan yg x patut ada.one is identity.secondly ppl always complaint abt lack of carparks ard putrajaya.why??...sbb dorang sume drive ke sana and pusing2 kat putrajaya.yess mmg carparks x ckup but they shud hv a plan on its transportation system from the early days of putrajaya.aku x setuju org komplen carpark x ckup sbb putrajaya patt xde kete pun lgsg...tp kenapa x bole buat mcm tu?...patt dr awal da set park kete mana then dalam tu naik subway ke naik bas ke teksi ke juz public transport shj yg dibenarkan and maybe those who hv passes la.jadinya they will be no complaints on lack of carparks.org kita dah la suka bwk kete so sampai bila lg nk train org kita nie if not here???...if in KL ke bukit bntang ke tu aku paham napa susah nk tutup jalan ke kete ke apa but shudnt be a cse in putrajaya.hehe..sayang la sbb putrajaya nie dibangunkan dr xde apa and mmg patutnya benda2 kecik nie sume diamik kira.jgn la ikut sgt rakyat nie sbb kita kene train.hehehe...sbb apa skang kdg2 serabut duk dlm putrajaya tu.kete penuh belambak.dah la panas.hahaha
First of all,I like the word-eclectism-..Berbelit lidah aku..haha..
It's not that I disagree with you,but maybe you can explain more about 'identity'..
I know that a mix of designs can be a sore in the eyes sometimes..Most of the buildings constructed in Putrajaya is based on neo-Islamic design,with some local element touch..Maybe it's just a matter of taste,but I've never seen such a modern city anywhere else in the world to be honest..Not even Dubai..I got amazed everytime I went to Putrajaya..I used to lived there for a year in early 2001,when the place was still considered a ghost town..
The only downside of Putrajaya for me is the population growth..
As for transportation system,it was in the plan before but somehow it was scrapped during Pak Lah's tenure..
Post a Comment