Thursday, November 4, 2010

Warisan Merdeka


Dalam seminggu dua ni,topik yang paling banyak sekali dibincangkan dengan member-member adalah tentang Warisan Merdeka..Tak kira kat mana,atau ngan sapa-sapa..Some of my friends from Malaysia and Perth messaged me on BBM and YM to discuss about it..It also became a hot topic among friends here in Adelaide..Other than Lau Pan,Khadafi as my usual 'think-thank' group here,I was quite surprise when even people like Sheena and Hajar who are very young,also showed some interests in it..(I miss Sadesh when it comes to arguements..huhu)..

So this is what I think...Of course I am no one and not an important person,but this is my opinion..Dalam bahasa yang mudah,not too academical,dalam bahasa rakyat biasa..Bukan nak cerita dari segi growth projections ke,office space surplus,possible demands,bubbling economics etc..Yang tu semua PNB and Government,or the experts punya kerja laa..They should make their study..or you can do some research..

In my previous post,Bajet Handsome not long after it was unveiled,I've already stated my full support on it..I don't understand what's the 'hoo-haa' is all about,but I do understand people's concern on it..Which is good.. Yes,5 Billion is a lot of money..But it is for DEVELOPMENT people!!..Jangan kata duit PNB,kalau pakai duit kerajaan pun gua akan sokong..It's for Kuala Lumpur,her image and future..
Sears Tower,Chicago
Of course I would like to see my own country to have some high-class buildings and better environment.. Itulah yang saya rasa setiap kali ke luar negara..Waktu berumur 10 tahun,saya berkesempatan ke Sears Tower (sekarang Willis Tower),di Chicago,bangunan tertinggi di dunia ketika itu..On top of the building,dalam kepala sebagai seorang budak darjah 4 time tu,saya dah terfikir,"Why didn't we have one like this?"..And you know,exactly 9 years after that,Petronas Twin Tower surpassed it as the tallest building in the world..Who would have thought of that??Dalam banyak-banyak negara,kita pulak..After 24 years of Sears Tower being there..No one thought it was possible for Malaysia..

I am not keen on the idea of being the tallest,the biggest,the longest or what so ever..But I am into high-class developments and clean environment..Wouldn't it be nice if we can have a lot of good things in our own backyards..In Europe,they made buildings that can be used for hundred years,well maintained,some with amazing artistic value..In Australia,they are very much into green developments..In Shanghai,Hong Kong, Japan,Singapore,they have skycrapers and crowded,but clean..Kat US,macam-macam jenis building lagi.. Things like this kita kena belajar,dan bawak balik..Develope it in our own style..

Toronto
I always have discussions with Hadry about buildings, landscaping,streetscaping,heritage conservation,sustainability and such..The main problem is usually about money..Idea banyak, tapi tiada peruntukan..Akhirnya,banyak pembangunan dibuat secara ala kadar..In terms of design,implementation dan sebagainya..So nampak gaya kali ni,these people have money for this Warisan Merdeka project..Buatlah yang terbaik..They have good track records,let us give them a chance..

What we can do as a normal citizen is to keep on reminding them..To make sure they have a proper planning,first-rate management,strict control, and try to minimize the risks..Risks will always be there..But those who never dare to take a risk,will never achieve success remember?..

Keep on giving good arguments,don't just simply support or objecting things blindly..Give them feedbacks..This article 'Sky high risk in Malaysia' is one good example by Anil Netto..

Apapun,untuk menjamin kejayaan negara,bukan bersandarkan pada pembinaan menara..Ia hanyalah sekadar satu usaha dalam bentuk fizikal untuk membawa kita ke hadapan,satu idea..Yang lebih penting adalah kestabilan politik,perpaduan antara kaum,perubahan minda dan budaya masyarakat dan tiada rasuah..Yang ini takyah tunggu Government,PNB or sapa-sapa..Kita yang kena buat..Takde yang ni,jangan cakap menara,nak buat rumah kos rendah pun belum tentu..

No comments: