Saturday, September 4, 2010

Balik..Kampung..Raya..Eve

Lagi beberapa hari nak raya.. Semalam Nik kitai gua sebab tak balik Perth..haha! Dah menduda,balik kampung sendiri laa nampak gayanya..hehe..

tumpang kete baru Hadry tahun nih..
I have a big family..So raya is always quite special..Especially this year,cause raya will be celebrated on my family's side in Pekan..We use a rotational system..haha..Next year,belah mertua dia orang pulak..So,this year everyone will be around and available..My elder brother just came back from his studies in the States..My other sister,meanwhile,is going to UK for 3 years at the end of this month,so this is a rare chance for us to have a complete set of Cikgu Jabbar's family, after long,on the first day of raya..Therefore,I really have to go back for raya this time..huhu..Good excuse huh?;-)..hehe..Dengan menggunakan alasan tu, maka dapat laa gua balik tahun niii..haha..








Free MP3 Downloads at MP3-Codes.com

Balik kampung has always been a good experience..In my kampung,on raya eve, there will be at least 70-80 people in the house..My mom has 13 siblings,and I have like 50 cousins, and 9 nieces & nephews..The house is not that big,so everyone will be sleeping in the living room..One family,one 'lot' of space each..No special treatment..It has been a tradition since I was born,and longgg before that for sure..Kids will be running around with the moms' and aunties' angry voices following not long after,the adults will have some serious chats, usually about politics and sports,and the ladies with food preparation,baju raya, etc..Since it's a wooden made house,rasa macam nak roboh rumah..It will be chaotic till the end of the night..

Makan,or last 'buka puasa' session on raya eve is as big as raya morning itself..Everyone will be like a Piranha,even scarier than the movie I think..In my kampung,there's a trademark about buka puasa..Sebelum azan,ada bunyi meriam,satu bandar boleh dengar.. BOOOM!!!menandakan waktu buka puasa..huhu..So, instead of waiting for azan,we wait for that..Imagine,everyone is ready with their own food, waiting,waiting, waiting....and ...boooom...there you go..Macam sprinter 100 meter laa jugak makannya..dan berebut sebelum lauk habis..huhu..I don't know about other places,but that cannon sound experience is unique in Pekan..so far that I know..

When I was a kid,we had this one ritual,during raya eve or any gathering..'Makan bersuap'.. Since we were busy playing around with our bunga api,mercun and such,no one had time to think about food..So there will be one or few aunties holding a plate of nasi plus ikan goreng,telur and kicap,mix together..Kita orang beratur,dapat satu suap,then ciao pegi main balik..Even until today,if I see that kind of opportunity,anytime, gua pun ikut beratur sama..huhu..I have 9 aunties,and each of them has fed me with their own hands..I believe this ritual has made us cousins and our aunties close to each other..Hmm,I believe you guys also have some nice memories,your own ways and traditions on Hari Raya,even if you don't have a kampung..

So,if it happens that you'll be around Pekan or Kuantan during Raya,don't forget to drop by..Mana tau,kalau tak jumpa saya,dapat jumpa PM or Tuanku..huhu.. Maharaja Kuantan pun ada kalau nak jumpa (Hadry), boleh mintak duit raya kita..haha..Sori beb,balik nanti aku salam ko..

Sekian kisah malam raya saya untuk hari ini..Terima kasih.. Enjoy our few more days of Ramadhan left people..:-)..I'll share more stories about raya experiences..raya foods,raya in Mekah,raya in Australia, my 'tart gemilang',etc..

So now..time to pack my stuffs!!Here I come..Pekan,Bandar di Raja~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tart Gemilang? eh eh, nanti bila balik ke negara orang xmau singgah kampung aussie pulak ke? jangan ah nak ngada2 xnak.. mcm ni ah skang....

Awak ni dah buat saya nak menangis la pula. Saya nak balik Ipoh!!!!! nak main mercun,bunga api meriam! Nak tidur ramai2 dekat ruang tamu dlm rumah kayu! aaaaaaaaaaaaaa tak aci jelessssssss :( *sob sob* First day raya nak ronda2 kampung kutip duit raya.. nak tolong siapkan khemah utk org datang beraya.. :(

Anonymous said...

..yolah, balik sbb family or duda?hahaha..